The alternative news sources have attained massive popularity in today’s time and it keeps rising further with the passage of time. Just like any other areas of life, the alternative news sources have its own pros and cons as well. The article will throw lights on some of the key benefits and shortcomings of the concept.
Alternative news sources- its benefits
The key benefits of the alternative news sources can get listed as follows:
- Alternative news sources are more flexible than the conventional sources: The biggest benefit in the alternate news sources lies with its flexibility. You can refer to the news websites, portals, and blogs to justify this claim. You can tap these online sources perfectly at your convenience. You can access these sources directly from your hand phone. It implies, you can refer to the sources on a 24/7 basis.
- You get unbiased information and news: A prominent point of difference between the conventional and alternative news sources is that in the second case, you will get unbiased information. The conventional news media are often alleged for coloring the news and presenting it from an angel that supports their business interest. On the contrary, the alternative news sources have earned a reputation for serving information and news in its true tone.
- You can escape the expenses for collecting the news: Every month you need paying cable network operator for the TV connection. This involves a significant spending. In addition, the cost of the newspapers, journals, and periodicals keeps rising daily. You can escape this rising cost by embracing a few of the alternate news sources. The news websites and blogs allow access to the content, free of cost.
It is obvious that nothing in this universe is perfect. With that said, it is obvious that there will stand a few shortcomings in the concept.
What are the cons in alternative news sources?
- The news publisher may not have the framework to provide a constant update: especially the individual news vendors may not have a robust framework to serve needs feeds on an ongoing basis. Hence, a bottleneck can arise in the course of information flow.
- There are concerns about the authenticity and reliability of the news: the alternate news sources,
especially the smaller ones, operated by individuals, may not have the adequate setup to collect news and information from the place of the event. Hence, these operators depend on the information, served by the larger agencies. Thus, there is always a concern on the authenticity of the news as the publisher is dependent on other parties.
It is obvious that light and darkness will always stand side-by-side. Hence, you should not condemn the pros in the alternate news sources for the cons it features. It will be wise to relish the pros and deal the cons wisely. Hence, you should always pick the alternative news sources with consideration. This will enable you to strengthen the pros over the cons. Consequently, widening up the avenues for wider and more extensive news feeds.